Feb 28, 2006 9:50am
What are good books to read

"McBush Supporter"
that are informative
not that fiction bullshit

give them to me now

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

Feb 28, 2006 7:20pm

Forum Moderator

"pool shark"
I'm starting on this one:

Mar 1, 2006 8:30am

"McBush Supporter"
what's it about

Quote:

fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

Mar 1, 2006 10:41am

Forum Moderator

"pool shark"
its about the political unrest and problems concerning pakistan pre-911.
im reading it to get a better grasp of the country, because its one of the many countries that i don't know much more about other than it is a country.

Mar 2, 2006 9:18am

"McBush Supporter"
true

Quote:

Mar 11, 2006 12:14am

"ay bay bay"

you should check that out.

my friend is reading it, he cant put it down.

Mar 18, 2006 3:10pm

matthewmatics

Approved Member

"Hot Pants"
The Art of Looking Sideways by Allan Fletcher

Best book ever. Hands down.

Pizza.

Mar 22, 2006 12:58pm

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by Jonathan

you should check that out.

my friend is reading it, he cant put it down.

what's it about

Quote:

Mar 22, 2006 12:58pm

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by matthewmatics
The Art of Looking Sideways by Allan Fletcher

Best book ever. Hands down.

what's that about

Quote:

Mar 25, 2006 11:32pm

matthewmatics

Approved Member

"Hot Pants"
Quote:

Original post by Roger

what's that about

Alan Fletcher's The Art of Looking Sideways is an absolutely extraordinary and inexhaustible "guide to visual awareness," a virtually indescribable concoction of anecdotes, quotes, images, and bizarre facts that offers a wonderfully twisted vision of the chaos of modern life. Fletcher is a renowned designer and art director, and the joy of The Art of Looking Sideways lies in its beautiful design. Loosely arranged in 72 chapters with titles like "Colour," "Noise," "Chance," "Camouflage," and "Handedness," Fletcher's book, which he describes as "a journey without a destination," is "a collection of shards" that captures the sensory overload of a world that simply contains too much information. In one typical section, entitled "Civilization," the reader encounters six Polish flags designed to represent the world, a photograph of an anthropomorphic handbag, Buzz Aldrin's boot print on the moon, drawings of Stone Age pebbles, a painting of "Ireland--as seen from Wales," and a dizzying array of quotations and snippets of information, including the wise words of Marcus Aurelius, Stephen Jay, and Gandhi's comment, "Western civilization? I think it would be a good idea." Fletcher's mastery of design mixes type, space, fonts, alphabets, color, and layout combined with a "jackdaw" eye for the strange and profound to produce a stunning book that cannot be read, but only experienced. --Jerry Brotton, Amazon.co.uk

Pizza.

Forums>Books and Literary Works>What are good books to read
     Pages: 1

HELP | Guide to Safety | About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
© 2010 People Grade LLC.