4. standsalone14

Pages: 1
Forums>Main Discussion>RIP George Carlin
+ SHARE
Jun 23, 2008 2:20am
RIP George Carlin

"ay bay bay"

+

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm."

(Last edited on Jun 23, 2008 2:52am)

Jun 23, 2008 2:33am

"pool shark"

Jun 23, 2008 8:00am

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
wow, this definitely comes as one of those "how could HE die?" things. you see the headline, and you just get stunned. you eyes go wide and your jaw drops. i remember my grandfather playing some george carlin for me a long time ago when i was probably too young to be listening to it. this is a bummer

Jun 23, 2008 10:13am

InaudibleLove

Approved Member

"PG First 100"
george carlin was amazing

My name is Dan, you can call me Dan.

Jun 23, 2008 10:53am

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by InaudibleLove
george carlin was amazing

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

Jun 23, 2008 9:31pm

"ay bay bay"
I love how when famous comedians or artists die, they get 2x as many fans after their death because of the fact that they are no longer here.

For example Mitch Hedberg, he was a nationally recognized comedian, but not that popular. When he died, everyone started listening to him.

For an experiment I decided to see how big George Carlin's Fan Page on facebook would get.

2:06am Monday Morning: 1,988 fans
3:06pm Monday Afternoon: 3,000+ fans
9:23pm Monday Night: 7,445 fans

I remember when that group was under 1k.

Jun 23, 2008 9:49pm

InaudibleLove

Approved Member

"PG First 100"
Quote:

Original post by Jonathan
I love how when famous comedians or artists die, they get 2x as many fans after their death because of the fact that they are no longer here.

For example Mitch Hedberg, he was a nationally recognized comedian, but not that popular. When he died, everyone started listening to him.

For an experiment I decided to see how big George Carlin's Fan Page on facebook would get.

2:06am Monday Morning: 1,988 fans
3:06pm Monday Afternoon: 3,000+ fans
9:23pm Monday Night: 7,445 fans

I remember when that group was under 1k.

A lot of the time it takes until someones death whether they be actor/comedian/musician For people to really realize how big of an impact that they had in their line of wor

My name is Dan, you can call me Dan.

Jun 24, 2008 12:05am

i've been bummed out since yesterday when the news came out..really sucks..he was one of the last real comedy legends left..the only guy who comes even close to what he does, as far as commentary is lewis black..and the difference between them is huge

i listened to you are all diseased today and watched/listened to a bunch of interviews

probably the smartest guy i've ever seen

(Last edited on Jun 24, 2008 12:12am)

Jun 24, 2008 12:11am

Bex

Approved Member

PG Super Administrator

"David's Fag Hag"
the 7 words you cant say on radio or television

smell it smell it... now take it

Jun 24, 2008 12:45am
-

This post can no longer be read. This user has deleted his/her account.

Jun 24, 2008 12:52am

at least theres 50 years of material to go through

with mitch you had 2 albums and maybe a bootleg of new stuff if you could find it

theres a few really good tributes to george up

louis ck has written the best one i've seen so far... www.louisck.net

(Last edited on Jun 24, 2008 12:53am)

Forums>Main Discussion>RIP George Carlin
     Pages: 1

HELP | Guide to Safety | About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
© 2010 People Grade LLC.