+ SHARE
Jun 4, 2008 6:35pm
Obama's Running Mate

someone

Approved Member

PG Super Administrator

"cheesecake"
Here are some potential Obama VP running mate choices:

Evan Bayh: What he lacks in charisma, the telegenic Bayh makes up for in national security credentials, having served on both armed services and intelligence committees in the Senate.

Joseph Biden: A six-term senator who helms the Foreign Relations Committee, Biden could offer the heavyweight foreign policy experience that Obama is often accused of lacking. But at 65, and seen as part of the U.S. political furniture, he could undermine Obama's message of change.

Michael Bloomberg: Since ruling out his own independent bid for presidency, the mayor of New York has been seen as a potential running mate for both Obama and McCain. For Obama, the media tycoon and former Republican would help mitigate the Democrat's problem with Jewish voters brought on by rumors that he is a Muslim but do little to attract the white, working-class vote.

Wesley Clark: This former NATO commander, who failed in his bid for the 2004 presidential nomination, was seen as a staunch Hillary Clinton supporter, a fact that could help unite the party. But the 63-year-old's tough reputation as a no-nonsense soldier is unlikely to win much backing among party activists.

Hillary Clinton: Although the "dream ticket" of a Obama-Clinton campaign could help harness Clinton's power base of women and white working-class Democrats, the prospect of uniting the two rivals has won mixed support. A non-scientific CNN.com poll said 60 percent of people were not in favor of the move.

Chris Dodd: A long-serving senator with solid foreign policy credentials who was considered as a running mate for John Kerry's failed presidential bid in 2004, Dodd presents the same problems as Biden.

Charles Hagel: A close friend of fellow Republican John McCain, Obama's general election rival, Hagel's strong anti-war in Iraq stance has generated cross-party appeal, and though an unlikely choice, he could be seen as the man to attract wavering Republican voters.

Ed Rendell: As an outspoken Clinton supporter, Rendell could rally support for Obama, and as governor of swing state Pennsylvania, he could help secure key votes, but his popularity is limited outside Philadelphia.

Bill Richardson: The New Mexico governor, who identifies himself as Hispanic, could help sway the burgeoning Latino vote in addition to lending heavyweight foreign policy credentials as a former United Nations ambassador.

Kathleen Sebelius: The two-term governor of mainly Republican Kansas, Sebelius has proven cross-party support, but the rising Democratic star lacks a national profile.

Jim Webb: Another rising star, straight-talking Webb has dismissed his vice presidential prospects, but his appeal as a Vietnam veteran and successful novelist are clear. Webb's bluntness, however, led one commentator to label him an "unguided missile."

Who should Obama pick as his VP running mate?
Evan Bayh
Joseph Biden
Wesley Clark
Hillary Clinton
Chris Dodd
Charles Hagel
Ed Rendell
Bill Richardson
Kathleen Sebelius
Jim Webb

(You must be a signed in member to vote in polls and see poll results)

Jun 4, 2008 6:57pm

"McBush Supporter"
I think he should quit altogether

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

Jun 4, 2008 7:01pm
-

This post can no longer be read. This user has deleted his/her account.

Jun 4, 2008 8:10pm

"pool shark"
John Edwards

Jun 4, 2008 8:20pm

"ay bay bay"
Quote:

Original post by Justin
John Edwards

Jun 4, 2008 8:30pm

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
Quote:

Original post by Justin
John Edwards

too elitist, you want to attract clinton voters, not turn them away... and i still believe john edwards is the reason why john kerry isnt president today.

out of the lists david suggests, i honestly dont see anyone overwhelming that would guarantee an obama win besides clinton

clinton doesn't have to be VP, but she must give a strong endorsement and tell her supports straight up "Vote for Obama" for him to win.

Jun 4, 2008 8:42pm

someone

Approved Member

PG Super Administrator

"cheesecake"
Quote:

Original post by Roger
I think he should quit altogether

OH? Hillary or McCain supporter?

Jun 4, 2008 9:11pm

someone

Approved Member

PG Super Administrator

"cheesecake"
Quote:

Original post by Kyle

too elitist, you want to attract clinton voters, not turn them away... and i still believe john edwards is the reason why john kerry isnt president today.

out of the lists david suggests, i honestly dont see anyone overwhelming that would guarantee an obama win besides clinton

clinton doesn't have to be VP, but she must give a strong endorsement and tell her supports straight up "Vote for Obama" for him to win.

I stole that list from CNN, but who knows, it may end up being none of those people.

Jun 4, 2008 9:13pm

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
Quote:

Original post by someone

I stole that list from CNN, but who knows, it may end up being none of those people.

cnn suggested ed rendell? they must be on crack lol

Jun 4, 2008 10:41pm

matthewmatics

Approved Member

"Hot Pants"
none of these clowns
richardson would have been my choice like a year ago

it's most likely going to be kucinich, though the floor is still open

Pizza.

Jun 4, 2008 11:42pm

AlumAngelus

Approved Member

"man created God"
Quote:

Original post by Kyle

how is john Edwards elitist?

Jun 4, 2008 11:48pm

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
Quote:

Original post by AlumAngelus

how is john Edwards elitist?

umm, obama + edwards is as far left as you can get out of possible candidates, thats how.

Jun 5, 2008 5:58am
-

Jun 5, 2008 5:59am
-

Jun 5, 2008 10:21am

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
Quote:

Original post by Henry

kucinich has not got a hope in helll

unless his alien buddies help him out

Jun 5, 2008 10:43am

"Hurley"
all I have to post itt is this thread (I mean the white dude after the black dude)

(Last edited on Jun 5, 2008 10:43am)

all you need to do is say three magic words and I'll come

Jun 5, 2008 11:46am

someone

Approved Member

PG Super Administrator

"cheesecake"
Quote:

Original post by matthewmatics
none of these clowns
richardson would have been my choice like a year ago

it's most likely going to be kucinich, though the floor is still open

it will NOT be kuchinich.... not a chance

Aren't you a McBush, i mean McCain supporter anyway? You wish it was going to be Kuchinish!

Jun 5, 2008 11:49am

AlumAngelus

Approved Member

"man created God"
I think its pretty obvious guyz

two words

BLACK JESUS

Jun 5, 2008 4:51pm

matthewmatics

Approved Member

"Hot Pants"
Quote:

Original post by someone

it will NOT be kuchinich.... not a chance

Aren't you a McBush, i mean McCain supporter anyway? You wish it was going to be Kuchinish!

over who is left?
you betcha.

Pizza.

Jun 5, 2008 5:23pm

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by someone

OH? Hillary or McCain supporter?

Hillary... lawl

no way brah
McCain

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

Forums>Main Discussion>Obama's Running Mate
     Pages: 1 2

HELP | Guide to Safety | About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
© 2010 People Grade LLC.