2. Furdunkil
3. Aaron
4. standsalone14

Pages: 1 2
Forums>Main Discussion>laptop as as grad present
+ SHARE
May 25, 2008 10:38pm
laptop as as grad present

which should i get? i was thinking the mac book pro.

May 25, 2008 10:41pm

"Hurley"
sigh
we go through this with 10 people a week (or atleast I do)

I'm n ot even gonna bother showing you the better options
get the macbook pro, don't listen to the nerds with a lot of computer experience esp when we're in college for that shit, we don't know best

all you need to do is say three magic words and I'll come

May 25, 2008 10:53pm

thanks for the help, NAHT

May 25, 2008 11:11pm

"McLovin"
mac is more reliable than pc. which is most important when you're in college

May 25, 2008 11:12pm

meg

Approved Member

"oh megs!"
def a mac.

I can't wait until I have enough money to get mine.
:[

SHPWZ<3 #2 of 6

May 25, 2008 11:13pm

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
if you are going to get a mac, which i dont mind, dont get a pro. mac's are overpriced as it is and pro's even more so. plus, pros are usually 17" which pretty much defeats the purpose of the whole "portable thing" Ironically, a reg. macbook is quite small at 13". for some reason when it comes to pc's the 14" inch screens are the most in-demand. mine, however, is 15.4" which, they also have in macpro

people either love or hate macs. there arent many unbiased people like me who can see pros and cons in both mac and pcs. but im assuming for someone like you a macbook pro is completely unnecessary.

(Last edited on May 25, 2008 11:15pm)

May 25, 2008 11:18pm

all the programs that come with a mac are what i need for college, since i'll be majoring in photography/graphic designs.

what about ibook vs. air? does anyone have an air? i haven't heard anything about it. if i were to get the ibook, i'd get a white one with the largest amount of space on it.

May 25, 2008 11:19pm

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
i was going to get a mac, but went with a pc because it was 300 dollars cheaper and has a lot more memory and space on the hard drive....

also, i've yet to encounter a problem with vista. so dont buy into that cute kid in the commercial.

May 25, 2008 11:20pm

Kyle

Approved Member

Forum Moderator

"9.5 year member"
air's are good if you want to break it while typing.

May 25, 2008 11:49pm

meg

Approved Member

"oh megs!"
don't get an air.
ahaha.

SHPWZ<3 #2 of 6

May 26, 2008 12:37am

AlumAngelus

Approved Member

"man created God"
only get an air if you plan on buying a few hundred more dollars worth of apple products so you can use anything with it.

Apples are over priced piece of hardware. A PC is just as capable of running great programs for what you're looking for.
If you still want a mac, get the basic. Even though you could get a PC with a lot better hardware for less.

May 26, 2008 1:18am

"pool shark"
Quote:

Original post by AlexandraRai
all the programs that come with a mac are what i need for college, since i'll be majoring in photography/graphic designs.

what about ibook vs. air? does anyone have an air? i haven't heard anything about it. if i were to get the ibook, i'd get a white one with the largest amount of space on it.

you could get a PC with better hardware specs AND buy (or pirate - arrrrr) more professional design software and come out under the price of a Macbook Pro, but you aren't buying it, your parents are, and macs are pretty.

but seriously if you're set on a mac, there isn't really much of a decision to make...get the most expensive one since your parents are paying for it

and get apple care because even though people think macs are invincible, they aren't or else they wouldn't even need warranties, much less an expensive extended one...

May 26, 2008 1:46am

devon

Approved Member

yo all i know is that everybody at colorado has macs and the kids that have pc laptops all hate them. besides vista is kinda weak.

"It's kinda hard sayin this shit to your face so i do it over snares and bass music take me away"

May 26, 2008 10:51am

"Hurley"
Quote:

Original post by devon
yo all i know is that everybody at colorado has macs and the kids that have pc laptops all hate them. besides vista is kinda weak.

vista sucks (so does every other microsoft OS) but it isn't as bad as people make out
I've been running it since the beta days with little/no problems (the one problem wasn't even to do with vista)

osx is cool but still sucks
osx is built for retards who use their hands to talk, even though they can have the bullshit they say come out their mouths

can't forget the gay ads

although I'm dissing macs rn(well more so the people who use them, since they are generally retards unless they take all the facts into consideration), if I were to buy a high priced laptop I'd get a macbook
I'm not the biggest fan of OSx, or vista
but it can run osx, vista and linux
Ik PC's can these days, but it's such a cunt having to patch everything up

ps. http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant
pps. I'm buying an overpriced 3g iPhone the day they come out, cause I loved iPhone 1.0 so much

May 26, 2008 11:09am

facelikemurder

Approved Member

"G-string Diva"
people just like to complain

the reason i bought a mac is that i wanted to try something new and since i don't really do a lot of mac specific or PC specific things i decided to try out OSX

17" mbp is ridic go with the 15"
the macbook air is piontless unless you're using it solely as a secondary machine.

May 26, 2008 11:30am

"Hurley"
I can't agree with the secondary machine thing
I mean
how many times, daily, do you use your DVD drive? seriously

don;'t get me wrong I think it's overpriced and prue garbage for what it is

but if I had one it wouldn't be my secondary machine, I'd prob use it more than my current laptops

May 26, 2008 11:32am

"Hurley"
a few things if you're gonna get a macbook tho

1) you get student discount on them, make sure you use it
2) don't upgrade the ram on the mac website, it takses 2 minutes to do it yourself (even if you're not tech savvy) and will cost about $200 less
3) 15" or smaller

May 26, 2008 11:37am
-

This post can no longer be read. This user has deleted his/her account.

May 26, 2008 12:37pm

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by marco
mac is more reliable than pc. which is most important when you're in college

ROFL

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

May 26, 2008 12:37pm

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by Lost
sigh
we go through this with 10 people a week (or atleast I do)

I'm n ot even gonna bother showing you the better options
get the macbook pro, don't listen to the nerds with a lot of computer experience esp when we're in college for that shit, we don't know best

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

Forums>Main Discussion>laptop as as grad present
     Pages: 1 2

HELP | Guide to Safety | About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
© 2010 People Grade LLC.