so funnnayy

May 14, 2008 4:29pm

murpho

Approved Member

I got one last week...

Yay for electronics for college...

May 14, 2008 5:17pm
-

This post can no longer be read. This user has deleted his/her account.

May 14, 2008 5:19pm

InaudibleLove

Approved Member

"PG First 100"
I'll just stick with customizing my own dell computers.... i dont give a fuzz what you think about that!!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Dan, you can call me Dan.

May 14, 2008 6:28pm

"Hurley"
and I'll stick to not giving a fuck and getting the worst notebook possible, and just giving the bitch 2gb of ram so it can run vista

all you need to do is say three magic words and I'll come

May 14, 2008 7:10pm

"pool shark"
Quote:

Original post by InaudibleLove
I'll just stick with customizing my own dell computers.... i dont give a fuzz what you think about that!!!!!!!!!!!

lol@customizing dells

May 14, 2008 7:26pm

"ay bay bay"
Quote:

Original post by Henry
honestly, if someone has a macbook, I think a lot less of them
that probably makes me just as bad as you peices of shit who buy them, but it's the clearest example I can think of of style over substances and marketing over making an informed choice

so true

May 14, 2008 8:40pm

sylvie

Approved Member

geez guys I'm just excited about having my own computer
stop hatinn

May 15, 2008 12:07am

murpho

Approved Member

Quote:

Original post by Henry
honestly, if someone has a macbook, I think a lot less of them
that probably makes me just as bad as you peices of shit who buy them, but it's the clearest example I can think of of style over substances and marketing over making an informed choice

Actually, no.

After years of using PCs, I'm just tired of it. I've gone through several Dell/IBM/Gateway desktops at home, and I've had a Dell notebook for the past four years, and while I've been at boarding school, I've also become familiar with Macs. I used them while I worked on my school's newspaper, and all the time in our AV lab. A significant amount of my computing (maybe 40%) is spent editing/working with photos, and I just like Macs so much better for running Photoshop/CS3 in general. So I got my Macbook for photo stuff, and because I just enjoy Macs way more than PCs at the this point.

And, for the record, I think that Apple's marketing, with their silhouettes/bright colors/next-big-indie-hits, is generally pretty over-the-top and trendy, so that wasn't it either.

So don't tell me that my choice isn't informed, or that I'm choosing because of marketing, and don't make any fucking assumptions.

May 15, 2008 6:09am
-

This post can no longer be read. This user has deleted his/her account.

May 15, 2008 8:16am

"Hurley"
Quote:

Original post by Henry

Who's making assumptions? You wrote a lot of text yet the only point you made was 'you like macs so much better for running photoshop', even though both macs and PCs run it in exactly the same way. Wow, you really sold it to me.

LOL

+ CS3 is actually optimized for vista
superfetch, bitches

(just opened it now, and it took 2 seconds to load up everything. and it doesn't have any memory allocated to it, cause I don't use it much anymore. with superfetch, it would of been 1 second. Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, specs, amd 4000x2, 2gb ddr2 6400 ram and a 2600xt)

all you need to do is say three magic words and I'll come

May 15, 2008 12:32pm

"McBush Supporter"
Quote:

Original post by murpho

Actually, no.

After years of using PCs, I'm just tired of it. I've gone through several Dell/IBM/Gateway desktops at home, and I've had a Dell notebook for the past four years, and while I've been at boarding school, I've also become familiar with Macs. I used them while I worked on my school's newspaper, and all the time in our AV lab. A significant amount of my computing (maybe 40%) is spent editing/working with photos, and I just like Macs so much better for running Photoshop/CS3 in general. So I got my Macbook for photo stuff, and because I just enjoy Macs way more than PCs at the this point.

And, for the record, I think that Apple's marketing, with their silhouettes/bright colors/next-big-indie-hits, is generally pretty over-the-top and trendy, so that wasn't it either.

So don't tell me that my choice isn't informed, or that I'm choosing because of marketing, and don't make any fucking assumptions.

LAWL

Quote:

Original post by omgitswes
fuck valentines day, fuck starbucks, fuck coffee, fuck white people, fuck america, fuck the world. i'm out for mine, BITCHES

May 15, 2008 3:15pm

murpho

Approved Member

Quote:

Original post by Henry

Who's making assumptions? You wrote a lot of text yet the only point you made was 'you like macs so much better for running photoshop', even though both macs and PCs run it in exactly the same way. Wow, you really sold it to me.

I'm not trying to convince you that Macs are better -- my point is that I have reasons for wanting a Mac, and I'm not some hipster buying into their advertising. And that was, apparently, the assumption you made.

And yeah, Macs and PCs run Photoshop the same way, but using PS on Macs has, for me, been much more streamlined and faster, and I've never found a PC that will run Bridge as smoothly as most Macs do. Also, Mac's keyboard shortcuts -- like F3 to show all open photos at maximum size -- are just better for me.

May 15, 2008 3:27pm

AlumAngelus

Approved Member

"man created God"
the only that mac has is the modern look
other than that there is nothing better

not to mention it costs twice as much as PC with the same specs, if not better.

Forums>Main Discussion>MACBOOK HURRY UPPP
     Pages: 1

HELP | Guide to Safety | About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
© 2010 People Grade LLC.