2. Miriam
3. messedupfun99
4. meg
1. CaressmedoWn
2. Furdunkil
3. Aaron
4. standsalone14

Pages: 1
Forums>Main Discussion>Wanna know what I hate most about retail?
+ SHARE
May 9, 2008 9:53pm
Wanna know what I hate most about retail?

This user has been banned and his/her post can no longer be read

May 9, 2008 9:54pm

"ay bay bay"
why don't you just kick them out after 3 minutes?

May 9, 2008 9:56pm

"ay bay bay"
I made a facebook group for my job and a list of things that piss me off.

Quote:

1) When customers want paper for an order over $300.00
2) When customers bring their own fabric bags from home, but they're not the ones we sell, they're old, stained and nasty smelling.
3) No matter how hard you try, you'll never remember all the PLU's for all the different kinds of apples, pears, peaches, and random organic fruits such as star fruit, lemon grass, and persimmons.
4) Outside trash sucks. period.
5) You have 4 different sized carts at your store, and not only do you have to push carts, but you have to re-sort all the carts at the cart return, THEN push them.
6) The smoke room is vile, and smells up the whole break room. Enough to the point you wonder how smokers can even stand to smoke in there.
7) The magazines employees bring into the break room are always the dumbest ones we sell. We don't care about how fucked up Britney is, we don't care about her kids, and Angela and Brad can go fuck themselves. Wait, they already did that, and ANGIE IS PREGNANT AND HER MYSTERIOUS HUMP IS SHOWING! Try popular science sometime.
8) When you say "Hey how are you doing?" and the customer replies with "919-862-68...", only to mumble the last 2 digits of the phone number under their breath, so you have to ask them to repeat it.
9) When no one trusts you handling their organic eggs, when you obivously have bagged thousands and know what you're doing.
10) When people ask for help out to their car, and you can tell they're just being lazy and don't even need it.
11) When you get tipped $1-5 for helping people out, and you don't even attempt to refuse that shit.
12) On rainy days you make more in tips in 30 minutes than you do in an hour of work. (My highest is $19 for 2 hours of rain)
13) The TV in the break room never has a clear picture. If it does, you're either watching a soap opera, or divorce court, judge joe brown, or the people's court.
14) If anything happens between two coworkers the night before, the whole front end (including the managers) knows about it the next day.
15) When customers decide they don't want an item...or 10...when they are checking out. "Hey I don't wait these two dolphin squirt guns anymore.." What the hell were you thinking?
16) When customers can never find peanut butter, ice, or the bathroom.
17) When people ask for paper, but to be bagged "lightly". Ok so thats 10 paper bags in two carts with 3 items per bag, anything else for you ma'am? Bitch.
18) You wish everyone paid with debitnstead of credit.
19) You wish the belt worked while your light is off.
18) When people always act like they know the manager, when really the manager is trying to be nice..."Oh I know James Johnson he said I can have all this shit for free"
19) When you wear the big yellow poncho when it rains and you look like the gorton's fisherman and should be on the cover of a fish stick box.
20) When you work u-scan, and it seems like the people who actually know how to use u-scan go to the registers, and the people who don't know how to use it go through u-scan.
21) When annoying kids keep offsetting the u-scan scale by touching it, or sitting on it, and the parent gets mad at you because they figure it's your fault.
22) When customers hit "No Label" when ringing up produce, and you type in the code for them in direct mode, and they figure the machine is smart enough to figure out what they put on the scale, and do it for them...but in reality its you the whole time.
23) When customers put all their change on the counter, counting out all their pennies and nickels and dimes, and you have to struggle to pick each one of them up, instead of them just counting it in their two hands God gave them and handing the pile to you.
24) When you spend half of your paycheck over the week on food/drinks from HT during your breaks and lunches. Way to give back to the company everyone!
25) When a customer clears out their credit card and they say "Did it clear out?" or you say "I think you cleared it you're gonna have to swipe your card again", they reply with "No I didn't". I'm sorry, ma'am, the machine has a mind of it's own...I apologize..

May 9, 2008 10:29pm

kt

Approved Member

"Hannah Montana"
god i fucking hate that!
especially during the holidays when the store is a wreck because it's so busy.
or when they come in and don't even buy anything. they just walk around and try shit on.
i'm so glad i'm not working at limited too this summer!!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

May 9, 2008 10:32pm

AlumAngelus

Approved Member

"man created God"
smokers have to smoke outside in CA
/win

May 9, 2008 10:53pm

This user has been banned and his/her post can no longer be read

May 10, 2008 1:28am

Maddii

Approved Member

Quote:

Original post by Jonathan
I made a facebook group for my job and a list of things that piss me off.

Ahaahaha. That was 'mazin.

May 10, 2008 1:31am

TheAmber

Approved Member

I work at toys r us.
I love when people ask me where the toys are.

I live in Maryland.
We got crabs.

May 10, 2008 2:26pm

Bex

Approved Member

PG Super Administrator

"David's Fag Hag"
i dont want to go back to retail for the summer

smell it smell it... now take it

May 10, 2008 6:09pm

"Hurley"
8) When you say "Hey how are you doing?" and the customer replies with "919-862-68...", only to mumble the last 2 digits of the phone number under their breath, so you have to ask them to repeat it.

....wtf? lol
people give you their number when you ask how they're doing?

all you need to do is say three magic words and I'll come

Forums>Main Discussion>Wanna know what I hate most about retail?
     Pages: 1

HELP | Guide to Safety | About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
© 2010 People Grade LLC.